BICAS Covid-19 responce:
After careful thought and planning, we are excited to let you know that we plan to resume camp while following CDC considerations to protect campers, families, and our community.
- Intensifying cleaning and disinfection practices within our classroom and BICAS by cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces and tools.
- Keeping students in small groups and spacing them out at individual work stations.
- Limiting the number of items that are shared or touched between students and staff by providing individual carts of tools.
- Promoting healthy hygiene practices by requiring the use of hand sanitizer upon entry to the building and promoting regular hand washing.
- Requiring that staff, customers, students and campers wear a mask or cloth face covering, and maintain physical distancing.
We ask that you help us protect the health of campers this summer. Anyone who is sick or was sick with COVID-19 or recently in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days— including staff, campers, and families— should not come to BICAS. Be on the lookout for symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, and loss of taste or smell. Call your doctor if you think you or a family member is sick.
If you have a specific question about this plan or COVID-19, please contact Youth@bicas.org for more information.
BICAS Summer Camp
BICAS offers Summer Camps for youth ages 8-18 throughout the months of June and July. Register now to save your spot and spend your summer with new friends while learning all about bikes and creative recycling.
Youth Earn-A-Bike (YEAB) is a 5 day bicycle repair course in which youth ages 8 to 18 learn how to overhaul a bicycle through engaging hands on activities. At the end of the course students demonstrate safe riding skills on a neighborhood ride and take home their newly refurbished bicycle with a helmet and lock.
YEAB ages 9-13: July 19th – 23rd, 9am-12pm
YEAB ages 14-18: July 26th – July 30th, 9am-1pm