Please consider donating and help us win prizes and raise money for our programs! To Donate and for more info: https://www.azgives.org/bicas
BICAS is seeking to hire Staff/Collective Members
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the bicycle as a viable, sustainable and healthy form of transportation and eager to share that enthusiasm with our visitors both in and out of the shop. BICAS is dedicated to serving everyone, regardless of background, and frequently works with youth, homeless, refugee, Spanish speaking, and low-income populations. Experience working with these populations in any non-profit capacity is a plus, as is being bilingual or multilingual. We encourage those that can work our WTF workshop on Mondays (Women, Transgender, Femme) to apply. Bicycle mechanical knowledge is not required but is desired. The ability to teach in a caring, compassionate, and hands off approach is necessary.
1. Out going and self motivated personality who can work efficiently and effectively in both a chaotic environment and individually.
2. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse people while observing sensitivities and differences.
3. Ability to foster an environment of empowerment and cooperation.
4. Strong communication skills including: interpersonal, electronic, and group setting.
5. Ability to work collaboratively with staff and community members.
6. Ability to multi-task several customers at a time.
7. Passion for bikes and bicycling as transportation.
8. Ability to work summer months.
1. Experience organizing volunteers or staff.
2. Experience coordinating events.
3. Experience working in a leadership role of a non-profit organization, collective or
4. Excellent written and verbal communication and public relations skills.
5. Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of bike repair and bike mechanics.
6. Experience teaching one on one or in class settings.
7. Familiarity with related sustainability, safety and health issues.
8. Experience in sustainable business practices.
9. Ability to set measurable goals and see them through to their completion.
10.Computer literacy, Familiarity with Quick Books, and Google Office programs.
11. Spanish speaking bilingual or multilingual.
12. Ability and passion to work Women, Transgender, Femme Workshop (WTF) on Monday.
13.Commitment to the use of the bicycle as a legitimate form of transportation.
Please read these job descriptions before applying Shop Mechanic/Collective Member
Please submit your resume with a cover sheet explaining why you want to work at BICAS, and how you think you will contribute to the collective, either via email to email@example.com or in person at BICAS.
BICAS ART AUCTION!
December 2nd, 6-10pm & December 3rd, 6-9pm
1122 N Stone Ave, 85705
Some serious magic coming your way this weekend! Tomorrow is the preview party. Bidding begins on Saturday. Dress for the cold weather and bring your bikes, if possible! See ya soon <3
Event info: https://bicas.org/art-auction/
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/979183365500358/?active_tab=discussion
Early Art Preview at Dragoon Brewing Co
If you missed last week’s Art Preview event at Dragoon Brewing Co, you still have time. Art will be up until the end of the week along with BICAS/Dragoon T-shirts and BICAS Brown Ale!
Dragoon Brewing Co will also be bringing the BICAS Brown Ale and T-shirts to the BICAS Art Auction which is coming up on DEC 2nd & 3rd. See you then!
DRAGOON BREWING CO (1859 W Grant Rd #111 Tucson, AZ 85745)
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (3-10 pm)
Saturday (12-10 pm)
Sunday (12-5 pm)