Tucson, Thank you for yet another amazing year.
As we approach 2019, BICAS is beyond proud to roll into our 30th year of operation! We are so awed by what BICAS has become thanks to our community’s unflagging support – from a pile of bikes in someone’s storage unit to owning our very own warehouse. What’s next?! As we look into our future, would you consider donating to our year-end drive and sending us into our 30’s in style?
If you donate now, you can receive a thank you gift for a limited time! Supporters who donate between December 20th and January 12th will receive:
- $25 + Thank you note & Stickers
- $100 + A BICAS T-Shirt & Thank you note & Stickers
- $450 + Two BICAS T-Shirts & Thank you note & Stickers
Did you know that BICAS qualifies for the AZ charitable tax credit? That means donations up to $400 for an individual or $800 for joint filed taxes receive that money back in the form of a tax credit. Tax credit contributions can be made between Jan. 1, 2018 and April 17, 2019.
2018 in review:
- About 1500 people took advantage of our unique worktrade program to earn bikes, parts, & shop time
- Over 300 bikes were earned with worktrade credit
- Over 500 of our worktrade & community service helpers were youth!
Speaking of youth…
In 2018, BICAS added two new youth programs:
A free Saturday morning program for young mechanics to build community while building bicycles.
What will 2019 bring? We’re hoping to see:
- A full remodel of our customer bathroom, making it ADA compliant
- More art workshops & classes
- A kids’ bike donation celebration event, fueled by our growing crew of Youth-Drop In participants
- Additional partnerships with youth organizations
- Expanding opportunities for collaboration with other members of our thriving WTF community